In the construction environment, design responsibility is being shifted to the contractor and/or fabricator. Heyer Engineering often acts as a specialty structural engineer performing delegated design and certification of connections for multiple building materials.
Connections can have elaborate loading and diverse geometry and therefore can range from being very simple to extremely complex designs. We have experience designing connections such as simple shear, braced frame, steel splice, and moment frame.
- Structural steel / Glulam / Heavy Timber
- Provides delegated connection design services to fabricators, construction managers, general contractors, and owners
- Understands that connection design must be safe, economical, and easily erected
- Provides solutions to minimize fabrication errors and costs and improve the project schedule
- Works closely with fabricators to understand their specialized shop practices